February 2, 2013

Really Awesome Weights Routine TWO!

Today I had a truly excellent workout.

I've started to get really into this idea of Strength Training.  I think it's because often my "hobbies" are more cardio based - like cycling, or mountain biking, or hiking, or even running (which is not so much a hobby but a think i try to do sometimes).

There is something fun about going to the gym and throwing around weights and looking awesome and seeing yourself get stronger.

I used a 10kg bar today for bicep curls and it was too light.  I did my 10 sets easy.

Tonight I used a guest gym at DW fitness. Saturday night at 7pm is an odd time to go to the gym, and the floor was full of muscle people, but I didn't care.  I did my totally awesome weights routine 2, which is the new workout Geraint and I do (the old one is HERE)

TOTALLY AWESOME WEIGHTS ROUTINE 2

Rower: 500 Meter Sprint

Deadlift (25kg bar) 15 sets
&
Box Step Ups (5kg) 10 each side
&
Weighted Squats (10kg) 10 squats


Dumbbell Chest Press (10kg each) 10 sets
&
TRX Chest Press (10)
Press Ups (10)


Clean and Press (15kg bar) 10 sets
&
Bent Over Rows (15kg bar) 10 sets
&
Kettle-bell Swing (8kg) 20 swings


Bicep Curls (12.5kg) 10 sets
&
Upright Row (12.5kg) 10 sets
&
Chin Ups (10 or however many I can do)


Leg lifts (15)
&
Crunches (15)
&
Plank (60 seconds)


Repeat twice

I love this routine.  I love how it puts 3 exercises together and I love how I get to lift heavy things.  I like the Clean and Press most because it makes me feel awesome.  

This evening I modified it slightly, I didn't do the last core bit but instead did the following:

Modified Core

Leg Lifts (15)
Knee Lifts (15)
Crunches (20)
Plank (30 seconds)

Repeat 4 times

Now I'm tired.  That was a good workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment