March 28, 2013

Sleepy Week of Workouts - and a visit to the Vale Hotel & Spa Gym

This week I couldn't get back on my workout schedule.  Or I didn't get back on my workout schedule.

Either way I had a flipping sweet meal on Monday night with some good friends that I don't get to see enough.

On Tuesday I had to work in the evening.

On Wednesday I did go to the gym with another friend I don't get to see enough.  This time we used the super posh Vale Hotel:
The gym was excellent - loads of lovely machines!  I'm not usually a fan of weight machines (I think free weights are the future!) but my friend convinced me to try a set on the Adductor:
and on the Abductor:
We started with 35kg (I think) and did 10 reps.
Then 40kg and 10 more reps,
then 45 kg and 10 more reps.

In the beginning I thought it was going to be too easy, by the end I was squeezing with all my might!  I still feel it today.  I'm thinking about designing myself a machine circuit because I have a feeling machines are easier to do alone - I always feel a bit unmotivated to do free weights by myself.

We did a couple of pull ups and some other bar work, and then 5 minutes of stomach circuits with 45 seconds on and 15 seconds off of the following:

Crunches
Side Crunches
Leg lifts
Planks
Hip lifts

Someday soon I'll to return to The Vale and use the steam room and sauna, and maybe even try a class! It's a really nice gym, just a shame it's so far from my house! 

No comments:

Post a Comment