March 22, 2013

Getting Ready for the South Wales Three Peaks Challenge

Tomorrow is the first "event" that I've entered this year - the South Wales Three Peaks Challenge.

This is a 20 mile hike around Abergavenny, covering the Skirrid, the Blorange, and Sugarloaf.  I was going to do some training or walking or finish breaking in my hiking boots before this hike, but never mind, I did not. I was also going to re-waterproof my jacket... oops x2.

The weather is looking uninspiring at the moment - it's been raining for 48 hours straight but forecast is a bit better than what we've had:

I'm not really prepared for this in any way, but I did go to Tescos and found Pepperidge Farm Cookies!  
And I got sandwich materials, so I think that's pretty much all I need. 

They actually changed the route this year because of the bad weather, so it may not really go to all three peaks!  Which is a bit of a bummer, but it's still an effing long hike.

I'm in charge of waking the Brewer Half up and getting us to the start.  Brewer half is in charge of all navigating.

Brewer half has just realized we do not have a map, and is now driving to get one at 11:10pm on a Friday night.

I am in charge of waking up and getting to the start point.  I know we need to leave at 7:00am so alarm is set for 6:15am.  I am going to sleep at 11:15 on a friday, so as to have enough sleep for a good hike...

Demitri Martin has made my favorite quote about hiking:

Hiking is just walking where it's okay to pee.

I couldn't find that quote, but he's a funny guy, here's a clip!
Anyways, wish us luck internets!

No comments:

Post a Comment