August 12, 2013

North Wales - Running around Conwy and Deganwy

I made it back from Denmark safe and sound! After a 2 hour flight on BA we arrived at Heathrow airport, where I unfortunately sent my bicycle back to Cardiff while I boarded a bus up to Chester for another works trip. As we landed in Heathrow I had this awesome view:
The bike is in desperate need of some TLC, mainly a new crank and some oil and a new skewer for the front wheel.   I am going through some massive bicycle withdrawal though, but I'm trying to avoid the sadness with other sports. On Sunday I tried using a Livestrong bike machine, but it was super boring compared to actual cycling:
This morning I woke up at 6am again and went out for a "long run" though it didn't turn out that long as I was so indecisive about my route. First I ran to this castle, which is 1.5 miles from where I'm staying
Then I ran up a hill, and then I ran down the hill.  Then I got a bit lost. Then I found my way again.  In the end I did 5.7 miles, which was okay but I wanted to do 10K

Running is not as good as biking for lots of reasons, one of which is that running makes my knees hurt. Cycling sometimes makes my knees hurt too, but not like they did before I had a bike fit. Cyclopaedia in Cardiff sorted out my bike so it fits me well, which I then ruined by flying with my bike and forgetting where my seat post should be.  Whoops.

Anyways, after the run I iced my knee, which feels soooo good it should be illegal
I'm in North Wales until Wednesday, and then I'm back in Cardiff for a day before starting my next adventure.  Thankfully I'll have the bike again, so at least I can clock some more miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment